Saturday, February 17, 2018

Something other than cards today.

Happy Saturday friends,

Yes today not blogging any  papercraft, but rather some yarny projects.

Over the past 2 years or so I have crocheted about 12 blankets of various sizes for the girls in my family. My 4 granddaughters each got one and then decided the 4 DIL's needed to get as well, then my only SIL also received one at the end of last year. I have also done 3 smaller lap throws and these have gone to a charity that I have made  a lot of granny squares for. I have really enjoyed doing all this and have had a number of ladies in our retirement village showing an interest in doing something ...either knitting or crochet.




About 6 months ago I gave it a try and we started a small group meeting twice a month and making squares for blankets for charity. Just before Christmas I was given 6 completed blankets and some squares. These all went to the local group called Maak 'n Verskil ( Make a difference) who donate blankets, beanies, scarves anything to keep people warm in the cold winter.  This week I will be handing in another batch of about 200 squares, 3 blankets, beanies, scarves, bed socks and a few other items. I am so proud of the ladies who are doing such a great job.


I have also decided  to make some more blankets or throws as there are so many lovely patterns out there and I can always gift them to someone.
So at the monent I have 2 main projects going.





The one is A square a week challenge"" on Facebook. We are now on week 6. I have completed the first 4 and am busy on #5, so will catch up before long.

I have quite a bit of Scheepjes Colour Soft left over from one of the granddaughter's blankets so am using this yarn for that project.




I am having a great time with my crochet and in the next posting I will show 2 more projects, 1 completed and another a work in progress.

Have a wonderful weekend and will see you soon.

Love Ursula


                                                                                                                                                                          





1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

GOSH! what wonderful work, and such lovely colour combinations.
Faith
x