Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Birthday at The Outlawz colour challenge

Hi there blogging friends,

Tuesday is always a new colour challenge at The Outlawz, and this week the inspirational photo and colour palette were chosen for us by Margaret, with the twist to add dry embossing.

Our sponsor for the month is 2 Cute 2 Ink and the prize is 3 digi stamps for the winner.

For my card I used one of the digis from the sponsor, 'cupcake birdie'. As today is my birthday I decided it had to be a birthday card.

Embossed the cardstock with a CB birthday folder, and inked over it with distress inks just to highlight the wording.
Coloured the image with Inktense pencils, I have had this set for a while and not really used them much, so am trying them out. Cut it out with a Nellie Snellen MFD
Finished off with little buttons that I have had for ages, and never used before.

I battled a bit to get the colours looking right for a photo, and as I am not very good with cameras, this is the best I got.




I will try my luck at a few challenges.
Pile it on #11...circles or squares
One stop craft challenge #220...Anything goes.
Clearly inspired challenge #70...Use die cuts
Use it Tuesday...Used little buttons  that I have hoarded.
Challenges 4 Everybody...Anything goes




I wish you all a fabulous week. It looks like a glorious late summer day , with a hint of autmn today. Take care and see you soon.
Love Ursula







4 comments:

Sandra said...

Good blog title Ursula :-)
have a great birthday today!!
Oh and I love the card you made, cute image!!
Hugs,Sandra

Erica ♥ said...

Je hebt weer een mooie kaart
gemaakt, de stempel is erg leuk ☺

Een gezellige avond gewenst ☺
Lieve grtjsss van Erica ¤
heidebloempjuh.blogspot.nl

KarinsArtScrap said...

super cute card Ursula.

greetings karin

Heather B said...

Cute image, great card! Thanks for playing with us at Use It Tuesday this week!!