Saturday, August 20, 2011

Twisted Easel

Happy Saturday to my blogging friends.

It is a beautiful sunny day, here in this part of South Africa and it looks like we will have a good weekend.

I haven't posted much this week, just been rather busy. I have several swaps to finish as they need to go out by Tuesday and work is keeping me out of mischief. I think customers are slowly beginning to realise that the end of the year is not that far away... good for business I guess.


Today's card was made for a challenge at a WISH group meeting.... Women in stamping heaven... We have a get together every 3 months, where we swap ideas, have demos, chat and have tea together and today is another such gathering. The challenge for this month is a twisted easel with a bird theme., so here is my entry and what I used.



Paper... Cardstock for the base, DP is a paper napkin... I just loved the colour and design. Ironed this onto freezer paper, which came from the USA. Matted this onto lilac card and onto the base card. Ran over the edges with gold pen.

I made a bird cage using metal foil and a Marianne Creatables die, coloured with alcohol inks.

Behind the cage I stamped two birds.

The big bird was cut with a Nestability die, enbossed with the cuttlebug and spritzed with a bit of glimmer, a pearl for the eye.

The flowers were made with punches and a Marianne flower die, as were the leaves, I spritzed all with a gold glimmer mist, but was a little heavy handed I thin. The little butterfly was cut with velum, inked and layered onto the paper design. I felt birds, flowers and butterflies go together.

Sentiment from a local company.

I just love these easel cards, they go together so nicely. All the cards at todays meeting are donated to charity. I do hope whoever received this will enjoy it as it was made with love.

Well that's it from me. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, till next time.

8 comments:

chilli pip said...

A splendid card with lots happening on it. Whoever received it will be over the moon I am sure.
We are also enjoying a beautiful sunny day here .
have a great weekend , lets hope we can pick ourselves up in the match this afternoon.x

Birdie said...

Wow Ursula! So many details on this. You can be sure who ever gets this is going to love it.

Wishing you a wonderful week-end too.

LaJanette said...

This card is awesome! I love the twisted easel...still have to try that one:0) But love all the detail you have put into this cars; the birds, that cage, all the butterflies and all those pertty flowers...ahhhh just wonderful. Love the colors you have chosen too. Anyone would be so lucky to recieve this card!

Hugs;
Janette

Riet said...

Wat heb je weer een schitterende kaart gemaakt Ursula.

Liefs Riet.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Ursula. Love all the details and everything is working together so well, the colours, bird, flowers, birdcage - a gorgeous creation!
Amelia x

Ruth said...

Beautiful card, Ursula. There's lots of great detail and i do love the embossed bird! Ruth x

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Bee-utiful bird cage card. Like the use of the napkin.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

Kirsti said...

Aivan upea kortti:)