Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sunrise

Hello my friends,
Well into the week already and getting close to the end of another month.
Several weeks ago I joined a challenge in one of my card groups, with the theme "sunrise" This is the card I made. The photo was taken when we were on holiday earlier in the year with my son in New Zealand. From our bedroom we had this view and a few mornings the sunrise was perfect, but the camera was not close by.... the morning before we left this was the sunrise and we were able to capture it just in time.
I framed the photo with a Cuttlebug frame...the background paper was just inked with distress inks and the sentiment was computer generated. This brings back happy memories of a wonderful holiday.
Enjoy the rest of the week and hope to be back soon.

4 comments:

Birdie said...

Love seeing photos of places and you did a wonderful job catching the sunrise. One of the prettiest times of day. The saying is perfect and true. Love the way you mounted it too, the ribbon loose on the right. Waving to start the day.

Petra said...

Ursula, loved how you used the photo for the card. I really must give this technique a go some time.
That said, I think the photo is beautiful, no wonder it brings back happy memories for you )

Cole Meyer said...

Wow! She crafts and she takes a great picture! Just lovely!

chilli pip said...

What great photo Ursula and love the way you have framed it. I think this card is wonderful, love personal things like this they are so special.x