Tuesday, January 4, 2011

1st blogging birthday.


Good morning everyone, The middle of the first week..... and my first anniversary of blogging. When I think back.... how nervous I was of starting. My card today is a "Thank you" card. It is to say thank you to each and everyone who visits my blog, who helped me get started,(I had lots of questions in the beginning... and still have sometimes) inspired me and left any comments. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

This is what I used .. all in blues.
Paper: Bazzil card blue, folded into a Z-fold. Matted off-white card and then DP from Making Memories.
For the front I used a Marianne creatables die to cut a silhouette from the blue Bazzil and matted the negative onto the DP.
On the inside... cut a piece of off-white and distressed the edges with chalks, left it plain for a message.
The next section I cut a scolloped circle with a Nestie die in blue and then cut an off white shape with Marianne creatables. Onto that I mounted the blue cut out silhouette.
Finished off with flowers punched out of the DP and a small rose, with some flourishes of Crealies.
The sentiment on the front is from a local company.
Hope everyone is managing with this first full work week. Warm wishes.

6 comments:

Lia said...

Hi Ursula,
Congrats with your first blog anniversary and your cards are again marvelous
hugs Lia

Petra said...

Congrats Ursula! what an achievement :) thank you for the card you've so lovingly put together for all of us. Yep, back at work and slogging through :) looking forward to the weekend already!

Sharon said...

Congrats Ursula, I am so pleased you took the leap into Blogland. Such a pleasure knowing you and getting to see your creations. Beautiful cards you're showcasing today. Sharon

Riet said...

Wat een prachtige kaart Ursula,leuke mallen heb je gebruikt.
Je papier is ook prachtig.

Liefs Riet.

Ланочка2510 said...

открытки получились чудесными! сколько нужно терпения! Очень красиво!!!

Jacque said...

Ursula!!! Happy Blogaversary!!! This card is just beautiful and it is my pleasure to be one of your followers!! The shades of blues are stunning!! Thanks for your visit to me also.....sending hugs your way..Jacque